Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DAY 4: ONE OF THE BIGGEST HONORS/FENGTAI SOFTBALL

The flash quoting was held to a minimum today. I interviewed one of the women from the Czech Republic. She was all cute and nervous about speaking in English, but she did a great job. It was still a great day for other reasons. Earlier in the morning I received word that I won the 2008 RTNDF Lou and Carole Prato Sports Reporting Scholarship. This by far is one of the biggest honors I've ever received. To be acknowledged nationally by industry professionals is a thrill. So thanks to the Prato family and all who participated in the selection process. I've also got to shed some love on those who've helped me get to this stage because I couldn't have done it alone. I'm excited to see what new adventures are ahead of me. 

So that was a good way to start the day. After finishing with Czech Republic, I headed over to the Fengtai softball venue. Professor Paul Niwa had some extra tickets to games thanks to Emerson's Maureen Tripp who couldn't get to Beijing to use the ones she bought. Thanks, Maureen. Catie, Jess, Susy and I got to see a double-header. China v. Holland and Japan v. Australia. Both were great games, but the second one was especially exciting. That's all to report for now... Saijian.

No comments: